Meetings & Minutes
All board meetings are public and begin at 3:30 p.m. Committee meetings are held prior to the board meetings. Meetings are subject to change with notice. All meetings are held at the Horizon Welllness Center at Langhorne, 2215 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, Virginia, unless otherwise noted.
A public comment period is ordinarily held at the beginning of each meeting for citizens to comment about the services and programs of Horizon Behavioral Health. Staff and board members are also available to talk with citizens at the end of the meeting.
The following rules shall apply to all public comment periods:
1) Total public comment time is limited to 5 minutes per board meeting. This time will be shared equally with the number of citizens who are scheduled to address the board. During public comment, the board may extend the time period for one or more speakers with the agreement of a majority of the board members present.
2) During the business portion of the meeting, members of the public may be invited to speak at the invitation of the Chairman.
3) Unless specifically exempted by the Chairman of the Board, speakers must give a copy of their written remarks to the secretary of the board on the day of the board meeting. Board members may ask the speaker for clarifying information.
4) Comments that are critical of a board or staff member shall not give the persons name or be addressed directly to the person. Those who wish to pursue a complaint against a board or staff member shall present separate written comments to the Chairman or shall utilize complaint and grievance procedures already in place.
5) If the public comment is in regard to matters already presented to the board or those that are being considered in a formal administrative process, the Chairman will rule on whether or not to allow them to be presented.
View past and future meeting dates or minutes for the current year.
January 24, 2019
April 25, 2019
June 27, 2019
July 25, 2019
September 26, 2019
October 24, 2019
December 12, 2019