Mission & Values
Horizon Behavioral Health is the premier provider of mental health, substance use and intellectual disability services in Central Virginia. Horizon's mission is to support and promote the health, independence and self-worth of individuals and families in Central Virginia by providing a continuum of community-based treatment, prevention, early intervention, and aftercare services for persons affected by mental health, intellectual disabilities, substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Our vision is to provide behavioral healthcare services that are accessible, consumer-centered, cost effective, and outcome-based.
- Each individual and family's right to participate in decisions affecting his or her life.
- Each individual and family's right to be safe from harm.
- Providing timely services in the least-restrictive setting which are accessible, affordable, efficient and adaptable to an individual's need.
- Developing and retaining a well-trained and culturally diverse staff.
- Evaluating our services regularly as they relate to client and community needs.
- Working cooperatively with other agencies and organizations to provide our community with fully integrated services.