Admissions & Intake
Admissions Line: 434-477-5000
The Admissions department is the primary contact for all new clients. We offer evidenced-based assessments which guide individuals and families to make informed choices about their care. The employees of our admissions department have strong partnerships with other community partners, which ensure a seamless referral process for clients who require services outside of our existing portfolio of services.
Clients in the Lynchburg/Campbell/Amherst/Appomattox areas can be seen at the Horizon Wellness Center @ Langhorne - 2215 Langhorne Road.
*Same Day Assessment: Hours are 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
*Assessment by Appointment: Initial assessments can also be done by appointment. Please call the Admissions Line above for more information.
Clients in Bedford can be seen at the Horizon Wellness Center @ Bedford – 1409 Ole Dominion Blvd, Bedford, VA
*Same Day Assessment: Hours are 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday ONLY.
There are five parts to our comprehensive clinical assessment process:
- Client meets with reception/administrative assistant to start collection of basic contact information.
- Client meets with a member of our financial intake team to review insurance information. If a client does not have insurance, the ability to pay scale is utilized. If the client is under 18, additional funding may be available and will be reviewed.
- Client meets with a clinician to complete the clinical intake, which is a comprehensive mental health and substance use diagnostic evaluation, to open the client to services at the agency.
- The process may take up to 4 hours, but all steps do not have to be completed in the same day.
- Once the intake process is complete, the client will receive follow up appointments, as well as emergency contact information if needed.
When you are ready for services, please bring a picture ID, social security card, insurance card (we accept all insurances) and proof of income (pay check stub, W-2, SSI, unemployment, etc.). Please also bring any guardianship documentation if that applies.